Leapfrogging connects new research, unconventional strategies and practical tools for navigating the seemingly “messy” process of achieving business breakthroughs. The book draws upon Soren Kaplan’s twenty years of hands-on experience, research studies from universities around the world, and case examples from global companies, start-ups, and nonprofits – including Gatorade, Intuit, OpenTable, Philips, Four Seasons, Colgate-Palmolive, Kimberly-Clark, Etsy, Apple, Google, and many other smaller firms.
Leapfrogging shows how any organization or business function can “change the game” – and delivers a revolutionary formula for rethinking your business:
- Use unexpected events and surprises to create focus and direction
- Push personal boundaries to challenge mindsets and assumptions
- Apply intuition and judgment in strategic decision-making
- Tap into failure as a catalyst for success
- Manage the paradoxes of organizational innovation
Using Soren’s LEAPS process (Listen, Explore, Act, Persist, and Seize), leaders learn to recognize and harness surprising experiences and events as a way to create solutions that leap beyond the current expectations of customers, partners, employees, the market, and the competition.